Friday, May 14, 2010

My First Forged Knife

Well, my first FINISHED forged knife at least! Second off of the anvil, but the first I am calling a learning experience! (Don't get the blade too thin, you've got nowhere to go!)

Anyway, here it is...



I know it isn't perfect. I can still see some marks I'd want to buff out if I were selling it. But this one is for my use to test the blade. I've got it sharp, but still need work on my sharpening skills. So I might take it to have a professional edge put on. Then I'll test the heck out of it and see how well the edge holds! That's always fun!

I have many ideas about future railroad spike knives. And due to the generosity of my mother-in-law, wife and kiddos, I have over twenty more railroad spikes to craft into knives!

Gotta go to work now.

More Later

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Wow...that is beautiful! Good work! I am eager to see them in "person"!