Thursday, July 23, 2015

Flap...The Update

 
Remember this guy from a couple of posts ago?
 

 

 When last we left off, we were feeding it every twenty minutes like clockwork. The days were a blur. I was so...so...so very tired. The wife did some of the feedings. I even taught the kids to feed it and caught short naps during the day.

Every night when we sent the kids to sleep, we had them say goodbyes to the little thing figuring it would not survive until morning. Yet every morning, little flap would greet us with little chirps and gaping mouth, just waiting for breakfast.

So I took pictures as Flap changed each day. And with each passing day I got more and more attached to the little guy (or girl). So here, in pictures, is a little log of our miracle bird...

Day 3
 
Day 4


 
Day 5.
.. seriously...lots of growth overnight!

 
Day 6.
Growing like a weed.


 
Day 7.
What a difference a week makes!


 
Day 9.
Snuggly


 
Day 11.
Fluffy and snuggly

 
 
Day 13
Still sitting still for feedings


Only two weeks old!


 
Day 18
Last day Flap would sit on my hand for feeding



Day 21
Feeling all grown up, so Flap prefers to be fed standing on something other than me.



Flap turned five weeks old today. I have a great many more pictures, but I won't post them here.  We still don't know if it is male or female, and won't until it gets it's adult plumage. I'm not sure when that will be, but our family is split on what we think it is. I call it a he, kids think it might be a she. I guess we will see!

No comments: