Sunday, November 22, 2009

Island Adventure

Dad and I recently returned from an adventure at the Island. It was a gift from the Wife to get away from everything for a few days and relax and recharge up there. If there was ever any doubt as to the beauty of the place, I humbly submit the following pictures as testimony, as no words I could write would do the place justice.

The Island late at night.


Drifting in a sea of stars.


Sheltered in the firelight.


All the dreams we have are ours.


There is magic in this place.


And we are never far apart.


On the Island of my heart.



We also played Robin hood a bit. This is dad shooting.


His hits


My shooting.


and my hits.


The water has dropped quite a bit, making circumnavigation of the Island on the shoreline a possibility.


It wasn't easy. But it was done!

All in all, a great time. I brought home some rocks and giant lightsticks for the kiddos. It was like a little Jedi training camp in our house for the night. Sweet Pea definately had the Darth Maul style going... our little Sith Lord in Training. And the Boyo had no trouble imagining up some dragons to battle.




Also great fun! Best part of coming home is seeing the little smiling faces so happy to see my return!

I am recharged and relaxed a bit more than I was. Thank you Wife. And thanks to Dad for going on the adventure. The days weren't bad weather wise, and after the rear end clenching cold of the first night, the nights weren't too cold either. It was a fun, November visit to the Island, and we have tentative plans to go back after the snow has fallen to try and get some winter shots.

More Later

No comments: