Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring!

Continues to spring! So much happening, I don't know where to begin.

A new computer is in the works. That's going to be good. I'm keeping very busy with knives, glass and plants for the garden. Blacksmithing class is approaching. My Mom got out of the hospital. So lot's of stuff going well so far in April!

At the Good Friday church service, the sermon was on Jesus washing the feet of the disciples, and he started with Peter. During this, the Boyo was composing a letter to his friend, constantly whispering to me for help with spelling.

After the sermon, the kids were invited up for the children's sermon. Our pastor started with a question. What did Jesus do before the supper? The Boyo raised his hand and answered "He washed their feet!"

Whose feet? asked the pastor.

"Peter's" said my son.

It went on from there, but left me wondering how on earth he had internalized that information when he was clearly not paying attention during the sermon. So when he returned to the pew, I asked him.

"Oh," he said "I read it in my bible. There's a picture of it in there." And when we returned home, he pulled out his children's bible and showed me that sure enough, there is a picture of Jesus washing Peter's feet!

that kid amazes me sometimes.

More Later

No comments: