Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two New Ones

I've been able to get more shop time lately, and finished these two up last week.



The Barracuda has lacewood scales. It is a very pretty wood from Australia. Has very good properties for a knife handle, and looks really unique! I may have to make one of these for myself.



The Choctaw has bocote scales. I made a skinning knife for a friend of mine and he tells me that as he uses it, the handles have been covered with grease and stuff and have taken on a really nice luster. This wood has a pretty great natural luster, so it must look awesome by now! I may have to make one of these for myself.

I wish I didn't love the knives I make so much. It would make parting with them much easier! But if I don't love it, I don't expect a customer to love it either. And I want my knives to find good homes! Still, it is about time to be making knives for my own collection. Perhaps to display at a show sometime. Ah, it is nice to imagine those days! Now for the hard work of making those dreams come true!

More Later

No comments: