Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year with the Boyo

My son the precocious six year old, has always been a bit of a ham.  Knowingly or not.  Today, whilst wrestling with his mommy, they were laughing and giggling, when he suddenly yelled out...
"PARENTS WHO LOVE THEIR CHILDREN DO NOT SIT ON THEM!"

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a few strong opinions.  Also understood is I seldom have trouble expressing those opinions.  One such thing that sticks in my craw is the use of the term "phy ed" for physical education. 

Growing up in Iowa, it was called "phys ed"  or more simply "gym".  Leaving the 's' off of the 'phy' is just plain annoying.  It isn't called PHYICAL education.  It is PHYSICAL education.  For some reason, in Minnesota they call it PHY ed.  Grr.  How are kids supposed to know what the 'phy' stands for after all?

So it was with no small sense of amusement and vindication that today, while asking the Boyo where he learned a chant he does while doing jumping jacks (TWIG!  TREE!  TWIG!  TREE!) he enthusiastically replied...
"I learned it in phyeducal education!"

Yup... phyeducal.

I love that kid.  He is hilarious! 

Happy New Year everyone!

More Later

No comments: