Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello Again

Yes, yes. It's been a long time. But we've been busy! Travels to Chicago so Sweet Pea could finally meet her Great Grandmother, weeding the garden, oh yes, and getting sick, sick, sick.

We all have some sort of upper respiratory illness. We are hesitant to say Swine Flu, since it is undiagnosed. I think it's just a wonderful hacking cough with some congestion, low grade fever, and pounding headache thrown in for fun. OK Swine Flu would be easier. Still. I doubt very much that it is.

Anyway, the travels to Chicago went very well. A good time was had by all. The Boyo was very excited to see his cousins and was delighted with the visit. Upon leaving he stated that he loved everybody, but would miss great grandma most of all.

Another funny little Boyo quote. Before we left for Chicago we let him play some Wii to wear him out a bit. He loves tennis, and frequently plays against himself, leading to fast and furious footwork and hitting of the tennis ball. When he was finally convinced to play against the computer, he was challenged by two girl characters. "Look!" he exclaimed. "I'm playing against my wife!"

OK, we thought. No harm there. Well, as the game concluded he was victorious. Though he had his mother and I in hysterics and left us trying to explain to him what was so funny as he ran around the house screaming at the top of his lungs...
"I BEAT MY WIFE! I BEAT MY WIFE!"

Oh yeah, and I weeded the garden some today too. I hate being sick.

More Later

No comments: