Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Ahh... The day after Halloween! The day the sugar bombs really go off in my kiddos, no matter how little of their haul we allow them to consume at one time.

They were Peter Pan (the Boyo) and Tinkerbell (Sweet Pea) this year, and very cute!

The Boyo carved his first ever pumpkin all by himself, with only minimal help from Daddy, who just poked holes for him to start sawing. Here is his creation...



I also indulged in carving one of the fifteen pumpkins from our garden this year. Here is my creation...




I was going for fluffy, cuddly kitten, but it ended up as a demon monkey vampire skull. Ah well, so much for my carving skills ;)

The remainder of my pumpkins will soom be cooked, canned and made into yummy things for Thanksgiving and Christmas... and days we feel like pumpkin bread or pumpkin pancakes. I love my garden!

More Later

No comments: