Saturday, September 8, 2012

Swimming

Summer is "over", but the fun continues.  I am back in training as far as swimming goes.

The English Channel Swim Challenge has begun!  This means I have a goal of getting twenty one miles done in the pool before the end of the month.  I wasn't able to start until this past Tuesday, when I swam a very broken mile. 

By that I mean I swam 1650 yards in 50 and 100 yard groups, with some breathing and relaxing in between.  I haven't been in the pool to lap swim in months, so it was a slow start.  It took just shy of 50 minutes to do. 

Thursday I decided to up my game a bit and swam 2 x 250 yards followed by an easy 50, then swam 2 x 500's with a 100 yard cool down at the end.  That took a little over 40 minutes.  Still pretty slow.

But this morning I felt pretty good, so I swam 3 x 500's in just over a half an hour, with easy 50's after each one.  That brings me to 3 miles this week.  I'm going to try and get up early before church tomorrow and do a solid two mile swim.  We'll see how that goes.

I do love being in the pool.  I always have.  So one of my other goals this month is to get the kiddos in the pool and swimming like fishes as often as I can. 

Know of any interesting distance swims in your area?  Let me know in the comments and I'll see if I can do them next season.

More Later

No comments: