Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One Spirit

One Spirit is a group that is dedicated to helping the Lakota people on the reservations in South Dakota.

The Lakota reservations were hit with a hard blizzard not long ago, and a call has gone out for blankets. Here is the address for that.

URGENT! Blankets needed!
Word has come in that blankets are in high need on the rez. There are still a lot of people without electricity, so heaters are not working, and not everyone has a wood stove or fireplace. Please send blankets (good, clean, warm blankets) to the addresses below:
Rosalie Janis
3M N. Manderson orPO Box 85
Manderson, SD 57756

and/or

John DuBray
28080 Allen Road
Allen, SD 57714

Thank you, as always, for your support in this difficult time.

I'm going to get a box of blankets on the way in the next couple of days. I'm asking you to do the same. Or visit their web site and find out other ways you can help.

I'm sure I've written in here before of the spot in my heart for the Lakota people, though I know not a single one personally. I'm hoping to change that before I die.

But for now, if you can send a blanket or two, I'd be personally very grateful. That's one or two more people who can stay a little warmer this winter. And from all indicators, it's going to be a doozy of a winter.

More Later

No comments: