Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Feel Much Better

I finished a knife today. My lovely wife knows me well, and gave me the morning while the Boyo was at school to go play in the shop. Perked me right up!

This one is for one of the Docs at work. He was looking at this knife...



And said it would be perfect if only the brass were stainless steel and the wood were a little darker. Well, after some shopping and building, this is what I came up with...


I am very pleased with the results. The guard and pommel are made from the same 440-C stainless steel that the blade is made of. It's going to be a very hard working knife. I'm hoping the doc hates the thing and insists I keep it. 'Cause I'd be happy to!

I've got a lot of work out there to keep me busy. Now I've got to find the time!

More Later

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Wow, that one turned out REALLY nice!! I'm afraid it's just what he wants! :)