Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Again

I'm home now.  In my own domicile.  Wondering about the fallacy of normalcy.  What is normal?  Before Dad had his death and resurrection I could define normal pretty well.  But since then I am made more aware that there really is no such thing as a "normal" day.  March 21st was a normal day.  Then it wasn't.

Perhaps following a routine is normal.  Wake up, shower, work, eat, TV, whatever.  If the routine goes as it usually has, then the day is normal.  Anything throwing that routine out of balance just ruins the "normal". 

The thing is, I don't think I want normal days anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want Dad or anybody else having major medical emergencies just so my days don't get routine.  But I think I am going to be starting a new lifestyle where "routine" and "normal" become obsolete.  I'll try to have an adventure one day, then create something beautiful the next.  Throw in triathlon training, playing with the kiddos, and a new found desire to be cooking, and my days will follow no real pattern.

Of course, if every day is filled with some routine and some random things, will that become the "normal routine"? 

All I know right now, is that some things are changing.  The sky is a little different each day, but is still the sky.  The river almost always flows the same way, but is changing a little every day too. Perhaps those are the models to follow.

More Later

No comments: