Friday, April 29, 2011

Irrelevant Things

So the goggles worked even better than I had hoped!  It was so nice to be able to actually see in the water and to swim without getting a headache after the first 500 yards, or feeling nauseous after 7 or 800 yards, that I ended up swimming 2200 yards over the course of the hour that I swam!

That's right!  An entire hour!  And when I got out of the pool I felt just as good as when I got in!  The time has come to give serious consideration to a new tri bike...

In other news, we are replacing our dishwasher.  Finally.  After almost a year of the fritzing of our old one.  The last time we looked at dishwashers, it apparently upset my bowels so much that they went ahead and ruptured a diverticulum and put me in the hospital.  So it was with a little trepidation that we went out again, picked one out and set up a delivery date for it.  But all seems to be well for now.

And while we were out, the Wife and I picked out a new grill that will be delivered the same day.  It is an anniversary gift from her to me, and I couldn't be more excited!  First meal is going to be comprised of chicken and steak and grilled asparagus and maybe a kebob of veggies... and something seared, too.  As the grill has an extra stove like burner so that I can pan sear outside and not have to worry as much about the messy splatters that so plague me when I sear inside! 

Now we can cook tasty, healthy food outside and have an effective way to clean up after inside!  Upgrades, people... upgrades.  Little by little, step by step.  But it can be done!


More Later

No comments: