Monday, April 18, 2011

Ugrades

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  I can't describe it.  Not yet.  But there is a feeling in the air in our house that something is up.  A change is coming. 

In a way, I hate times like these.  The anticipation of waiting for something amorphous and ambiguous is maddening.  And I am not one for patience. 

The best part of these times are most often the doing of the Wife.  Whenever things change, whenever these times occur, it always seems that we are upgrading life in a sense.  The changes usually make living a little better.  More time with the kiddos, dreams being followed, that sort of thing.  And these times of change are always talked about, pros and cons, for days and days and sometimes weeks.  But she has a Midas touch, and things generally work out for the better.  I'm a lucky man to be paired with such a gem.

But isn't that what life is about?  Upgrading when you can to a better way of life?  Sometimes compromises have to happen.  Cut back in hours at work means less money, but more time with the kiddos.  Spend money on a vacation instead of a new appliance means living with the old appliance, but having some quality memory making times with the family.  I am thankful to live where I do and as who I am, as my day to day challenges are not that bad compared to others on the planet.  Some day to day challenges are literally a matter of life and death.  That's my job, but not my life.  And for that I am very thankful.  I want to spend most of my life enjoying my family.  And it is looking like that may be our reality.

So.  Changes are a-comin'.  Could be.  Who knows?  It will probably be upgrades.  And life is too short not to upgrade when you get the chance.

More Later

No comments: