Tuesday, October 14, 2008

At Work Again

And catching up on the days gone by so quickly while I was playing sick.

I remember when I was growing up, vivid memories of some times. Yet I don't recall being particularly "sick" all the time. Oh, there was the mono one swim season that went undiagnosed. Symptoms: tired all the time, headaches, aches and pains, etc. But during those days I was up at 4am for swimming, then school, then a couple more hours of swimming, then a quick meal, then rehearsal for the school musical until 10 or 11 pm or so, then try to do some homework until sleep took over and the alarm went off at 4 and I did it all again. So I thought very little of the constant tiredness and such. I did have some sort of stomach bug once...

Anyway, I remember the times I was sick because they were few and far between and never too serious.

Then in March of '07 I had my first sinus infection. January of '08 my first pneumonia, and now another bout of the sinus crap and something that is at least threatening to go pneumonia-ish. All three bouts really knocked me for a loop and kept me off my feet for a while. What is THAT about? I'll tell you what I need. I need to get back into something close to fighting form like I was back in my Marine days. At least a little. I need to eat healthier, which should be easy since the Wife is such a phenomenal cook. And I need most of all to get rid of some stress in my life.

What stress? Glad you asked... Since I'm playing catch up with posts, I'll write more on that later.

More Later

No comments: