Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October, Ball and Chain, Health and Such

Happy October. Really. I mean it.

The leaves are getting prettier and the weather is getting cooler. Halloween is just around the corner and already Santa and his various sundries are gracing the shelves of every mart around.

Ball and Chain does not and will never be a reference to The Wife. Most days I feel like she's the one helping me haul the ball around. It refers to the general feeling of being overwhelmed that I have. A thousand things to do and be doing, and I feel all the time like I'm slogging through knee deep mud with ball and chain on each ankle. I don't seem to be able to catch up, let alone get started on the things I'd like to be doing.

And when there are a few minutes or hours or (hallelujah) a whole day where nothing is expected of me by work or The Wife's work or family things, well, it's hard to even get off the couch and play trains with the Boyo.

I've got about three dozen projects in the shop that are waiting for me to show up and do them, and no real time in the foreseeable future (well into 2009) to actually get to them. Unless I want to sacrifice some sleep time... which is not such a good idea.

My personal health is wearing down in the meantime, as well I think as the other three in my clan. Boyo and Sweet Pea are, of course, still delightful as tired little ones. And The Wife is like the Energizer Bunny, she keeps going no matter what. I always get more sleep than she, but she just keeps going! She's hard to keep up with. Uff Da.

Anyway, Happy October. One more month until the elections, three more to the end of the reign of King George II. I am looking forward to 2009 with great anticipation.

Working tonight, spending time with my kiddos and lovely wife tomorrow.

More Later

No comments: