Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dad's Birthday

My dad had his birthday on the 16th. He's always been one of my favorite people. Extremely supportive of his family, he often joined us for adventures growing up as a chaperone or trip leader.

He's always been a role model for me. He loves his wife, his kids, his grandkids without reservation. I want to be a great father to my kids because I had a great father as a kid.

I know his big wish for holidays and birthdays is to have family around, and I am sory I had to work this year for his birthday, as it would have been great to be there. But I know he understands as well.

He's got the spirit of an adventurous kid. Always wiling to try new things and learn new skills. The river trip and hog butchering come to mind!

He's one of my favorite people. And my hero and best friend.

Happy Birthday Father. Thank you for always being there for me.

I love you very much.

More Later

No comments: