Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello Again

For the first time in our married life, the Wife and I had Christmas together on Christmas! One of the joys of having both of us in health care is that one of us usually works on a holiday. But this year it was just the four of us sharing a delightful time!

Santa visited of course, and loved the cookies and hot chocolate left by the Boyo and Sweet Pea. He left a plastic sled, amongst other things, for the Boyo. It was tastefully propped under the tree. When the Boyo noticed it his eyes went wide with excitement.

"Momma! Daddy! LOOK! Santa left me a BOAT!"

It took a little explaining to tell him that this was a special boat that could run on snow. I think he fully understood later while "snow boating".

To see him barrelling down the hill in our yard, screaming his delight, was a truly fun Christmas memory.

Sweet Pea had a fun first Christmas. Unwrapping her gifts and eating the paper. Discarding the toy for the box. She did get a lot of clothes, mostly pink, and she looks adorable in them.

The Wife and I are still working on our gifts for each other. More on that when we get it done.

In other news, I am feeling much better. The N/V/D only lasted a couple of days, and I was able to finally eat some of the fine meals we made at Christmas. We had our friends over on Christmas day for dinner, and a good time was had by all.

Lastly, I realize I have not made too many entries this month. Something happening at work has been taking up lots of time for research and such. But the new year will see some changes in that, including the resumption of the Picture a Day Challenge (slightly modified). Head over there for more details.

This year I am thankful for the chance to reconnect with old friends. It has been nice remembering that there are folks out there who remain true friends though the years separate us. I'm thankful for the health of my family and for the real blessing of just waking up in the morning and being able to function!

I'm most thankful for the addition of my beautiful daughter to our clan, my amazing son and his outlook on the world, and my wonderful wife, who loves me without reservation.

I'll write more tomorrow.

More Later

No comments: