Thursday, March 5, 2009

Projects

I've somehow managed to accumulate about a thousand and one things to do. Some more important than others. Some much more enjoyable than others.



Yet I find it hard to find the time or energy to accomplish all of these things in a timely manner. All I can do is do what I can, as best I can.



I learned a great new phrase at the last EMS educational weekend I attended. One of the speakers was summing up her feelings about what others thought of her. Like me, she really didn't care too much about what others thought.



I mostly don't care what most people think of me either. Mainly, I think, because I place such importance on what my close friends and family think of me. It is their opinions that matter most to me. Their opinions that can influence me.



So her phrase seemed doubly accurate as she said,



"They're not coming to Christmas."



Simple and exceedingly profound. What I do and how I do it are for the benefit of nobody but me, my family and my friends. They get to come to Christmas!



Well, a three nighter coming up, and tons to do there as well. Hi ho. Hi ho. It's off to work I go!

I'm glad I like my job!



More Later

No comments: