Sunday, March 15, 2009

Recovery and Continents

I think we're on the mend. I can't hear for some reason, at least not well. My ears are full of some strange, viscous goo. But the Boyo is once more bouncing happily off the walls, which is great to see... if not a little wearing. The Sweets is getting better too. For the past couple of days she has been a wet noodle in Mommy's arms, riding the fever wave. Though she still sounds cruddy and full of goo, her fever is down without meds, and she is smiling at times and playing at times. Looks like the Wife dodged the worst of it, which is great. Though she's a bit under the weather too yet. But I think things are getting better rather than worse. So no worries!

I've had an influx of Australia related things lately. Read Bill Bryson's "In A Sunburned Country", a hilarious account of his travels through that land. Rented "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, a long but quite good movie. Read a few Internet things about the Aborigines, following up on stuff Bryson wrote. It's a place I'd like to visit some day. Actually it's a place I'd like to go live for a few years, to really get the flavor of it. If you're looking for a good read on the only country that's a continent, read Bryson's book. It's awesome and hilarious.

Well, the Boyo wants some hot chocolate and attention. So I'll write again soon.

More Later

No comments: