Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Contractor Visits

The aches continue, almost unchecked. HUGE buildup of lactic acids from overuse of my muscles. Takes the phrase "Feel the Burn" to a whole new and uncomfortable level!

We had a contractor by today. I was on my way to work, so the Wife showed him the yard. He did say that it wasn't bad for a DIY'er, but pointed out a few errors in my grand design. He also said that he's seen worse, so that pacifies me a great deal. He did mention that they would probably tear out what we'd already built, liability and all that. Ah well. It is disappointing, but not unexpected.

Don't know what the estimate yet will be, but I am getting a little giddy at having someone else do the work. Sad that it will cost more than if I were able to do it. But I think it is important to know one's limits. I dove in over my head on this one, and if not for the stones being so stinking huge, I think I might have done OK. But it was not meant to be.

The Wife said he was a very pleasant and knowledgeable fellow, which is good. So I think if we get a decent estimate in and get some references and such, I'd be OK with them. I did check them out through the Better Business Bureau too, just to be on the safe side, and they passed with flying colors.

The Wife said at one point as she was rehydrating me with lemonade and water that she thought it would be nice for me to wake up from sleeping after a night shift and be able to say "Wow! Look how far they've come on that wall!"

I'm starting to see it more and more from her point of view. That would be lovely indeed!

More Later

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Hurray! Sounds like things are heading in the right direction. Good luck to all! But I AM sad to think they will tear out what you already had so beautifully built! Time to take a hot bath and relax!