Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

Seven years since the towers fell. Like those who were alive during the Kennedy years, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.


I flew the flag proudly today, as I have most every day since that day. As I have for years before that day. In a way, the tragedy of that day brought us closer together as a nation. Unfortunately our leaders did not capitalize on that very well, as we have seen.


I remember not long after that event, a country song came out wondering "have you forgotten". I remember thinking that it could have been a really good song. Instead it seemed to have been meant to rile people up again. Ah well.


I felt grief all those years ago for the lives lost and the families affected. Since then I've felt more sadness for the military personnel killed and maimed in action, and their families. Dying for the wrong war is never good.


So here's to those who fight for no very good reason. May they stay safe and either come home soon or get redeployed to fight the actual terrorists in Afghanistan/Pakistan and go after the group that hit us that day.


In other news, I rented this today...

It gets delivered next week and work on The Wall begins! That's a pretty big toy!

Sweet Pea needs some attention, and she's more important than this.. so

More Later

No comments: