Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rocks and Patients

(Picture removed at request of hospital. Apparently we are the only hospital where patients have rectal bleeds, abdominal pain, or broken bones, and thus might be identified by such symptoms. An obvious HIPAA violation)


We got kind of slammed at work tonight, and I now I finally have some time to write. But really I want lunch...dinner? What do you call a 12 o'clock meal when the 12 o'clock is midnight but still the middle of your day?





I think lunch.








The Wife and I went to look at stone today to bulk up our on hand supply for the great wall rebuild. The kiddos came along. Sweet Pea took it all in with wide eyes and fist chewing, and the Boyo was a HOOT! He played hide and seek with us from behind displays, he flirted shamelessly with the pretty gal who first came out to help us, telling her all about his broken leg and how he was no longer going to be breaking his leg, and at one point while walking through the back lot of many rocks, he found a hand sized stone and started making calls on it. A Bedrock cell phone.





Well, we narrowed our choices down to two types of stone, and will have it all in place by the time the old wall starts to fall. I also got a line on aggregates for under and behind the wall and was pleasantly surprised at the cost. Once all is said and done with this project, we should be saving about 13-15,ooo dollars by doing it ourselves. I've got a couple friends from work that might come up for the fun, so that will help. And I am somehow extremely motivated and excited about tackling this project!





I think I've come a long way in my striving to 'Do It Right The First Time' so although I have a little trepidation (mainly because it's the biggest project I've ever taken on) I also know that I can do it. It's a lesson I've learned many times, in the Marines, on the river trip. Set your mind to it, do the research and studying, get your ducks in a row, and charge!





I'll get before pictures to post, and progress pictures as we go. Wish us Luck!





More Later

1 comment:

Grammy said...

GOOD LUCK!! and... be careful!