Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In the Country

Tuesday was a continuation of Monday. Cut, mow, sleep, fight allergies. Watch my lovely wife take care of my lovely kids, and feel miserable that I feel miserable.

There is so much to do around the house. Literally, as we are going to re-landscape the entire perimeter. We are breaking it all down into zones, and making our battle plan for how best to attack it. Of course, we also have a 100 foot retaining wall behind the house that is bulging ominously in many places, so that needs replacing too.

I'm wondering if, when we get it all done, we are going to want to move out of it?

You see... I've always had a dream to live on some acres out 'in the country', where the air is fresh and the noise is considerably less. A friend of mine lives in such a place, and on a recent visit, the loudest noise was wind in the trees. That's the life!

My wife, I believe, is more of a city girl. Although I really do believe she would love to live 'in the country', I'm pretty sure ideal country for her would be somewhere within a half hour of a city.

I love that she loves me because of, and sometimes in spite of, my dreams.

More Later

No comments: