Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chainsaw Fun

Monday.

The day after Father's day. And I put the new Dads day gift to good use, spending an amazingly short time chainsawing long pieces of wood into shorter pieces. We used to have a shed in the back yard. After it came out, and most of the parts were turned into other things, what remained we called 'The Ruins'. Those got cut up and are ready to burn. All of the long oak branches and logs left by the guys who took out the tree are, or will soon be, changed into smaller, fireplace sized pieces.

When they took that tree out, the guys doing it asked how long I wanted the parts. I told them we had a wood burning stove, so 12-18 inches. Shortest piece so far is over two feet. They are great at taking down trees. Not so much with the measuring.

The chainsaw performed admirably, as a new Husqvarna should. And I faded before it did, realizing that my back and arms were simply not up to doing all of the work at once.

I was loaded with Ibuprofen and allergy meds for bed. A classic combination.

More later

No comments: