Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boyo the POTUS

Today we got the sprinkler set up for the Boyo. This was after washing Ben the Dog, who took it with a great measure of grace.

The sprinkler was great fun, and after The Wife came out and held Sweet Pea, I even joined him for a trip or two through the wall of water!

Later in the evening, we sat together as a family and watched Barak Obama accept the nomination to be the Dems candidate in the upcoming election.

The Boyo asked who he was, and we explained that he was running for President. Then we explained what it meant to be President. Boyo nodded along and we fell silent againto listen to Obama.

Then he looked up at me and said "I think I should be President someday."

I looked over at his mother, who looked back at me.

"You'll have to ask your mom." I told him.

"Mommy. Is it OK with you if I am President someday?"

She smiled at him. "If you really want to, dearest."

My son... future POTUS. :)

I looked over at Sweet Pea sitting on her mommies lap, staring intently at Obama talking, and thought, "Or maybe my daughter..."

Any way you slice it, it's a brave new world.

I'm looking forward to hearing John McCain speak next week, and I'm almost certain I'll have some opinions to share then.



Guess which one is the North Star?


More Later.

No comments: