Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Double Rainbow Evening


The Wife worked today, so Boyo, Sweet Pea and I went to a local lake to take in a 'picture walk' and do some serious playground playing. Well, the Boyo played feverishly on the playground while Sweets and I slept and watched respectively.


We spent the whole morning out and about, then headed home to rest and recoup. Boyo napped on the couch, Sweets in my arms. After we picked up the wife and had a huge and delicious Mexican meal out, we were treated to a fantastic rainbow vista.


So today I'm thankful for double rainbows, and being doubly blessed with my children. I'm thankful for being paired with The Wife, and for her memory... as she just reminded me that the groceries which we bought after dinner are still in the car. Am I too young for the home? Gotta go...

More Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe those rainbows were Bobbi's "Happy Birthday" to you...hope you and your family have an awesome day! Glad you were born!

Love, Steph & family

Grammy said...

I like Steph's idea... I, too, feel Bobbi is saying Happy Birthday.
... and from us...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!
WE LOVE YOU!