Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Before and After

So we went to Chicago for a myriad of reasons, but here's the main one. We were helping The Wife's sister redo her bedroom. This was a win-win situation, as The Wife is giving serious thought to starting a career as a Professional Organizer. (which she will be fantastic as) and The Sister in Law had a room that was rather... deep.



Anyway. We organized and sorted and threw out and constructed and eventually came away happy with a job well done! Sister in Law wanted an oriental themed room, but I'm guessing that you could figure that out from the pictures! Here are a few for your 'wow' saying pleasure...



Before & After






















Before & After























Before & After























Yes, those are chinese symbols above the closet. I gave myself a crash course in painting them before I put them up there. The Wife's idea. Sister in Law chose them. They mean ...



Love





Peace









Tranquility












Clarity







Beauty







Good Fortune





And holding it all together, Harmony


Now, I'm sure to anyone who knows what these are really supposed to look like, it might seem rather elementary or just plain wrong. For that, I submit my apologies. But it has sparked an interest in oriental characters in me (oh good lord, another hobby!)

All told, we had a great time doing the work, and have some great shots for later potential publicity.

It's late now, and I'm going to bed soon to sleep the day away and prep for my night shift. I'll write more then.

More Later






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! What is she thinking of charging? I'd like to be one of her first customers!!!