Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mindburst


Sometimes so much happens in a day that I don't know where to begin. Sometimes my brain works that way too. So here's a little mindburst for you...
--
* When we put Boyo to bed, The Wife will tell him to call us if he needs anything. Last night, while I was at work, The Wife tucked him in with a kiss and a huggle, and once again told him to call her if he needed anything. A while later she heard the following...
Boyo "Mommy... Daddy!"
The Wife "Yes Boyo?"
Boyo "I need anything!"
--
*I've started a business called 'Bluefeather Gardens and Workshop', mainly to sell things produced by my various hobbies. Stained glass, wooden things, metal things, knives, plants, jellies... a pretty random smattering of stuff. Since Sweat Pea was born and Boyo broke his leg around the same time as I set up shop, I have not really dedicated all the time to the new business as I would have liked. But something tells me that I will get more time here soon. More on this later.
--
* I've been missing my dog Shoba since she died. Lately I've been wondering if I'll ever have that connection with another dog, or animal of any sort, since whatever comes into our home will be a family type pet. Once, just after Shoba adopted me, we were hiking through some uncharted woods. A very large, very growly and grumpy Rottweiler came trotting around a bend in the path. Shoba had been with me for a week or so, and was still skin and bones from being so malnourished and sick. Yet she raised her hackles and went after the Rott. They both disappeared around the bend and there was a great scuffle and loud yelp. I was sure I would find my new dog tattered and bloody. Instead, here came Shoba back around the bend, tail wagging, ears perked, and trotting as if she had not a care in the world. She was great at protecting me. And I her.
--
*The Wife and I have talked a bit more about the future. my mind races with the possibilities that have opened up with these new ideas.
--
*My friend Jen is one of the best literary types I know outside of my family. I gave her the first installment of my book about the river to proofread and workshop. Scares the crap out of me to share my 'work'.
--
*Last but not least, this world/subculture of blogging is quite a bit deeper than I first imagined. There are all sorts of ways to get lost in this genre. blogs to read, blogs to write, guest blogs, mommy blogs, bloggers who are definitely attention hungry, bloggers who are creepy, bloggers who use profanity as if to say 'look how grown up I am'. It's a little surreal. I'm not sure just how blog famous (blamous?) I want to become. Like my Facebook page, I don't really want a bunch of people there just for the sake of having a bunch of people there. Just those I actually like and want to keep informed of my daily fun. Although it is sort of fun to pretend that I have a 'readership' of thousands who hang on my every word!
-
I should blog when I am rested, as blogs like these are random and not much of a story to read. So as an apology/thanks for reading this far, I'll finish with a story of sorts, based on my experience as a medic...
-Story deleted, sorry. Apparently the life of paramedics must be secretive.-
More Later

No comments: